Scott and I will be taking an end of summer road trip soon. We’ll be zipping over to Spokane where he’s playing a gig, then we’re taking a few days to work our way down to Portland. I’ve been lazily bookmarking some things to do (linked below) and hope a bit of serendipity comes into play to fill the days. Of course, if you have any recommendations on things to see if, you know, we’re nearby and have time, I’m grateful to hear them.
Here’s what I’ve got so far:
- Two Days of Wine and Tacos in the Yakima Valley at Seattle Weekly.
- Travel for Beer: The Methow Valley at Seattlest.
- Roadtrip Rationale: Walla Walla Wineries at Seattlest.
- Balls to the Walla, Walla Walla Road Trip at Daily Candy.
- Seattle, WA. Adventures You Can Have on One Tank of Gas at The Splendid Table.
- Waitsburg, WA was named in the top 10 Coolest Small Towns by Newsweek. The paragraph lists four places to eat, mentions wine and beer and art, Coca-Cola cake and sheep’s-milk gelato.
- Road Trip: Soap Lake at The Stranger
- I’d like to see how Roslyn is doing now that the Suncadia Resort is there, this article in the Seattle Times from April of 2006 was wary of how things were going to be changing.
- There were very few entries at Roadfood.com – Maltby Cafe in Snohomish and Frank’s Diner in Spokane were the only ones that caught my eye. In the forums I found Spokane to Walla Walla, Portland to Walla Walla, Astoria to Seattle, and WA and northern OR.
Know of anything we might want to check out? Beers to drink? (I like hops.) Wineries to visit? (I was a member of the Bonny Doon wine club for a long time.) Fun motels or inns to stay at? (I’m not a B&B person.) Views to see? (We own a GPS.) Things we should be sure to see before we leave the Spokane/Coeur D’Alene area? Road food we should be sure to seek out? Heritage produce we shouldn’t miss? Anyone wanna just plan the whole trip for me?
I appreciate any recommendations!
p.s. Thanks so much to every body who left podcast recommendations the other day, iTunes is telling me I cannot download any more until I free up some space on my hard drive and I couldn’t be happier.