links: tech

The tall mouse, at Popgadget. Scott had an idea for something like this when he first began feeling mouse-hand strain.

30+ Firefox tools for bookmarking and search, at swissmiss.

How to trim your coax cable, boy do we have some trimming that needs to get done. At AT:Tech.

DCResource camera favorites, via Penmachine.

Oh Nintendo DS Lite, I still want you. Maybe even in red. But I want a bicycle more, sorry. At Popgadget.

Oh iPhone, oh, iPhone.

Furniture for a flatscreen, AT:Home Tech.

Drum pants, so very needed by somebody in this house.

Go vote for Maggie Mason (Mighty Girl) and Heather Armstrong’s (Dooce) panel for SXSW this year.

· comments [9] · 09-7-2007 · categories:technology ·

• 1 JenniferDC // Sep 7, 2007 at 8:43 am

Wow, thank you so much for the tall mouse reference. I ordered it right away.

• 2 amy // Sep 7, 2007 at 9:56 am

I have a DS (a birthday present from my little brother). It’s great. The games are awesome. Do IT!

• 3 jen d. // Sep 7, 2007 at 11:54 am

I bought my husband a DS lite for his birthday and I think I play it more than him! Darn you Animal Crossing!!

• 4 Patti // Sep 7, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Oh, RED DS!!!! I have a pink one. I want RED!!! I love my DS – Animal Crossing, and Picross especially.

That tall mouse looks good, my wrist hurts from working. Hm.

• 5 V // Sep 7, 2007 at 5:56 pm

I definitely got my money’s worth on my pink DS… yep, Animal Crossing for me too. :) Now I’ve got an obnoxiously yellow Pikachu DS and I love love love it.

• 6 FENICLE // Sep 7, 2007 at 8:45 pm

My husband wants a DS for Christmas…it’s going to take a few more back-rubs for that to appear!!

• 7 Lauren // Sep 8, 2007 at 2:16 pm

My mister has that mouse. Two of them, actually, because he depends on it so much that he can’t do any work without one, so he has to have a backup. It’s been *really* helpful for his carpal tunnel.

• 8 melley // Sep 8, 2007 at 10:50 pm

I had a joystick-shaped mouse back in college (around 99 or 2000) – now that I mouse eight hours a day my wrist wishes I could find another one. I might have to try that tall mouse.

• 9 denise // Sep 20, 2007 at 10:59 am

I think the tall mouse is a GREAT idea, thanks so much for sharing. For the moment, I switched the two buttons on my mouse, so that I use the right button as the main button and I use my middle finger to click. consequently—I have my hand resting on the side, sortof like you would if you were using the tall mouse. there is less strain on my wrist and I’m on the computer all day! AND it is free to switch the buttons…go into your control panel and look under hardware, and then mouse to find out how to do it…there you go!