links: crafts

How to make stickers at Etsy Labs.

Pretty, Ex Libris made firefly jars.

Incredible amount of information from Angry Chicken on making toys for your children, or yourself, and where to find safe toys.

Cool, an Ikea turntable ironing board.

New kind of faux leather from Joseph Noble, oh please let this hit fabric stores somehow. Via AT:NY.

Zakka Zakka is a new online shop offering Japanese fabrics by the fat quarter. Also check out the little tins of herb starters.

via Craft:

DIY Harry Potter wands.

Seaming knits.

How to sew a collapsible bucket.

No-sew jersey scarf tutorial, I love American Apparel jersey scarves, but the fabric they use to make them isn’t quite as soft as it used to be.

How to sew square bag bottoms.

· comments [10] · 09-4-2007 · categories:craft · knitting · sewing ·

• 1 Stephanie // Sep 4, 2007 at 12:03 pm

Ooh, I love the bucket! I think I may be inspired to try it!

• 2 a. // Sep 4, 2007 at 3:14 pm

I love those scarves, but it kind of cracks me up that the directions are called a “tutorial”. step 1: cut a rectangle. step 2: the end.

• 3 Ex.Libris // Sep 4, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Thank you so much for the mention, but I must make a correction! I did not make the firefly jars. I ordered them from Etsy.(http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6896698) I am so sorry for the miscommunication.If only I was so talented.

• 4 Donna // Sep 5, 2007 at 5:15 am

Megan, I’m sure you’ve seen this, but if you liked Theresa’s seaming tutorial, the video on mattress stitch at knittinghelp.com

will be very interesting to you; I found it very helpful.

• 5 Miss Sassy // Sep 5, 2007 at 6:54 am

Megan – you have made my day with the Zakka shop link (and the prices are decent, too!) plus, I couldn’t find the Harry Potter wand link earlier and thought I had bookmarked it but didn’t. I really appreciate it!

• 6 Missy H // Sep 5, 2007 at 9:08 am

I feel like a big dork, but I so want to go home from work and make a wand!!

• 7 Grace // Sep 5, 2007 at 8:37 pm

thanks for linking to the wand tutorial! the glue gun detailing is brilliant. i’ve been trying to figure out how to make one for a halloween costume since i don’t want to buy one. how old am i again?

• 8 Anne // Sep 6, 2007 at 6:24 am

Love that ironing board!! I’m a lefty, so I always feel like I’m doing everything backwards, including ironing (but I KNOW — ironing boards are built indiscriminately). I’m always rotating myself, but rotating the board sounds much nicer.

• 9 Anda // Sep 6, 2007 at 7:04 am

Thanks for linking to Etsy Labs! We love love read love notmartha alot.

• 10 Tanya Womack // Sep 9, 2007 at 5:00 am

I love the Harry Potter wand idea, really cute. I think that all of us feel dorky as hell being excited about how to make a Harry Potter wand… but who cares!
    I have to say I love your ‘link’ posts, I always find something interesting. :)