up to

The United States of Arugula: How We Became a Gourmet Nation

loving:
In The Pink soap from Kiss My Face
This smells so good.

eating:
Cinnamon Puffins cereal
When Clotilde was here on her book tour for Chocolate & Zucchini somebody in the audience asked her if there was any food she would buy in the US to take back to France with her, and she said Cinnamon Puffins. I’m glad she did because it’s a great cereal that I hadn’t tried before.

buying:
a bicycle!
I want a Townie, or something similar. No long trail rides for this girl.

playing:
Knytt Stories
A new game from Nifflas, I adored Knytt and this one is just as enchanting. Read more about it at Jay Is Games. It’s very worth the download (for Windows, I’m afraid).

· comments [12] · 09-3-2007 · categories:up to ·

• 1 stef // Sep 3, 2007 at 3:57 pm

i’m reading that same book now – so many interesting snippets about food and how it’s arrived at this point in america. i hope you are liking it too.

• 2 val // Sep 3, 2007 at 4:24 pm

I have a Townie and it’s awesome – an incredibly smooth ride. I have a strange & irrational fear that I will fall off my bike and a car will run over my head, so the “flat foot” technology eases my unreasonable qualms. I’d definitely recommend it, plus it’s super cute. I got a silver one with a red seat.

• 3 Emma // Sep 3, 2007 at 6:10 pm

If you think the cinnamon Puffins are good, try to peanut butter ones!!

• 4 tammy b // Sep 3, 2007 at 8:07 pm

hee hee, i have a townie and love it! i got a cute basket at gregs greenlake cycle and i pretend i’m riding along the boardwalk in cali or to the patisserie to get a baguette…it’s a lot of fun cruising around on it!

all the puffins rock! they are in high demand at my house.

• 5 samin // Sep 3, 2007 at 8:56 pm

not to sound dour, but don’t believe everything you read in that book. a lot of it is sensationalist junk. who cares who alice slept with? not me.

• 6 shokufeh // Sep 4, 2007 at 6:17 am

I’m with Emma. I am smitten with the peanut butter Puffins.

• 7 kelli // Sep 4, 2007 at 3:22 pm

Me, too. I love the peanut butter puffins. Going to get a bowl now.

• 8 Anne // Sep 5, 2007 at 4:02 pm

I’m totally hooked on Knytt Stories now, thanks to you! ;)

• 9 willowcaroline // Sep 6, 2007 at 5:04 am

Another Townie owner here… I LOVE it, and rode it quite a lot this summer before sidelined by heat and surgery. Looking forward to riding it again! Mine is the exact color in your picture.

• 10 Elaine // Sep 6, 2007 at 8:32 pm

Yet another Townie owner — did not know how to ride a bike before I bought mine 3 years ago. Now I ride it to work, 5+ miles each way, and love every minute. Only downsides: fitting fenders was a pain, so get the ones that go with it, and I can’t put it on the bus racks down here in Oly. I’m also thinking about upgrading some of the components this winter, particularly the brakes which I’m a little hard on. :)

• 11 Jamie // Sep 7, 2007 at 11:32 am

Peanut Butter Puffins are TDF… To Die For.

• 12 Heather S // Sep 7, 2007 at 5:48 pm

I have been a lurker until now – be sure to check out the Trek Calypso. My husband and I just got ours and we love them. Reasonably priced and very nice quality. My husband used to race mountain bikes and worked in a bike store as a kid, so I take his word for it. For me the saddle was the important part and it has a nice one.
    Love your blog.