in my bag

The other week I bought a new wallet, thus wrapping up that whole lost/stolen wallet trauma from early last month. I wanted to buy another one of those flat hinged wallets you can find nearly everywhere these days, and remembered that the Frock Shop blog mentioned having some back in April. I wrote to Suzy to see if she had any left and she was kind enough to email back a photograph and reported they were very popular and she would probably be getting more in. I took a trip to the store and chose a white one for the simple reason that I’ve become frustrated with digging around in the bottom of black bags to find black accessories. The wallet is happily very easy to find, yay for the Frock Shop!

Also pictured is a little notebook with plastic covers and an elastic band to keep it all shut which Laura sent me (it’s holding up really well to the abuse of the interior of my bag so I ration the use of it’s pages), some Lakerol pastilles, a trusty Envirosax bag, and a double-zippered makeup bag from American Apparel. Not pictured is a particularly slim umbrella and a small tape measure which I carry with me just in case I stumble across the perfect couch.

· comments [17] · 08-31-2007 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 Lola // Aug 31, 2007 at 5:57 am

A nice flat wallet like that sounds great to slip in and out of a purse! Is it just for cash, though, or are there slots for credit cards inside? (I can’t find a photo of the inside of one anywhere!) I have a big wad of credit cards, gift cards, store club cards, etc. that are a total pain to drag around with me…

• 2 Katie // Aug 31, 2007 at 6:21 am

I too keep an Envirosax in my handbag. Love it!

• 3 Miss Sassy // Aug 31, 2007 at 6:21 am

No wallets in the Frock Shop online. What does it look like in the inside?

• 4 Alyson // Aug 31, 2007 at 6:40 am

Does your little flat wallet stay closed? Mine doesn’t all the time. I still like it though. Mine is lime green. Also a great color inside a black purse.

Now where is the book and knitting that should be in your purse? I always have a book and my current sock-in-progress in my purse, too. I buy purses based on their ability to hold purses and knitting projects. And then there is the pocket for keys and cell phone…….

• 5 megan // Aug 31, 2007 at 8:18 am

Lola and Miss Sassy – You can see a photo of what the inside of the wallet looks like here (at a completely different site). It has slots for of credit cards but not a whole lot of them. My wallet is slightly wider, which helps because it’s easier to tuck receipts inside.

The wallet of mine that was stolen was the same type and I had to clean it out so it wasn’t overstuffed. Because of that many fewer cards of mine were stolen along with the wallet, which was a wee bit of good luck considering.

• 6 Cherie // Aug 31, 2007 at 9:26 am

I so agree with you on black handbag linings. “The Black Hole”. My husband actually find me a tiny little light to hang on my handbag! Love the little wallet, I’m gonna get one.

• 7 MontanaJen // Aug 31, 2007 at 10:36 am

I can’t find them on the site.

Did you walk into the shop and get yours?

This is great timing – I was just flipping around ebay looking for something like this, but couldn’t find anything under $98 or so.

• 8 megan // Aug 31, 2007 at 10:57 am

MontanaJen – Yes, I went to the shop. Suzy told me that much more will be available on the shop’s site this Autumn.

• 9 Shannon // Aug 31, 2007 at 2:18 pm

For those not near the Frock Shop, Urban Outfitters carries these. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2374719462482207641&itemdescription=true&itemCount=-1&id=12268199&parentid=W_ACC_BAGS&sortProperties=%2Bproduct.marketingPriority%2C-product.startDate&navCount=3&_D%3AnavCount=+&navAction=poppush&color=&_DARGS=%2Furban%2Fcatalog%2Fcommon%2Fitemlink.jsp

and there’s more on the website.

• 10 gwen aka tllgrrl // Sep 1, 2007 at 7:42 am

I agree with that Black Hole Syndrome in your bag. That’s why I love my AmeriBag. (http://www.ameribag.com)
    It’s an ergonomic bag that has a “silver lining” that actually reflects enough ambient light that lets you see into your bag. And with pockets!
    (I love mine.)
    Now all I need is one of those flat wallets!

• 11 cindy@staged4more // Sep 1, 2007 at 10:43 pm

i am so sorry to hear that your wallet got stolen! my camera was stolen awhile ago along with all these important work photos that i didn’t get a chance to back up. argh. but i like your new wallet! your bag content looks great! much more organized than mine ;)

• 12 Jennifer // Sep 2, 2007 at 8:40 am

Okay, sorry, do I see something like close to 800 responses to an entry from the other day?! That’s great! Nice to see your entries as well as everyone else’s input….

• 13 lisa // Sep 2, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Hi, just wanted to say that because of this post, I emailed Suzy at Frock Shop and ordered my own flat wallet, which should be here by Tuesday! :)

• 14 Miss S // Sep 2, 2007 at 9:27 pm

I just got a new wallet, too. It is the polka-dotted on one of my blog posts. What is remarkable about the new wallet is not the wallet itself, but the fact that I got one. This is the first time I’ve ever had a new wallet.
    The last one I acquired in the sixth grade when I convinced my friend, who was holding the wallet over the trash can, to give me the wallet. She had gotten it from her sister, who had gotten it from who knows where. :) I always felt so thrifty carrying it around, even if it’s contents were disappearing in an un-thrifty manner.

xo
    Miss S

• 15 Lola // Sep 3, 2007 at 6:35 pm

Thanks for the interior shot! Not a lot of card slots, you’re right, but it looks like some useful pockets.

• 16 sunny // Sep 6, 2007 at 6:00 am

love the organized bag. I am a fan of “kits” inside of the bag so it can all be transferred easily to another bag.

I love the wallet and will buy one for myself today!

• 17 Celeste // Sep 13, 2007 at 8:47 am

Hi, I’ve been looking for a flat wallet as well, but have had no luck. All I’ve found is the ones in the 120.00 dollar range :( Anyone have an idea where else I can get one? thnx. ;)