Halloween

Is it too early to start talking Halloween? Never you say? Well great, I’ve got two things.

Tom Nardone, the creator of ExtremePumpkins.com and the man who introduced the puking pumpkin to the world is coming out with a book called Extreme Pumpkins: Diabolical Do-It-Yourself Designs to Amuse Your Friends and Scare Your Neighbors. It will include information on tools, design strategies, carving techniques and special effects as well as a whole lot of truly disgusting pumpkin displays. It’ll be out in early September, I can’t wait.

Martha Stewart has added some Autumn and Halloween items to the Crafts line at Michael’s stores. I am falling terribly hard for a bunch of stuff: Specimen Slide Invitation Kit, Finger Invitation Favor Kit (I love that this one won’t die), Black Gift Box Single Cup Cake Kit, Mice Silhouettes, Spider Confetti (darn cute next to the Giant House Spiders we keep encountering), and Mad Scientist Large Bottle Labels for wine bottles.

· comments [15] · 08-24-2007 · categories:halloween ·

• 1 Kristin S // Aug 24, 2007 at 6:20 am

Dang! When I wanted to write about the Martha Halloween stuff, it hadn’t been added to the website yet, so I had to trudge over there and take bad pictures of the display myself. :)

I was surprised to see that Pottery Barn also has some great Halloween things this year too.

• 2 April // Aug 24, 2007 at 7:50 am

Oh I’m so glad I’m not the only one. I was obsessing yesterday that I hadn’t decided on a costume yet. Only 2 months to sew! Last year I decided the 2nd week of October to make Geisha costumes for myself and my roommate. Oh the horror. I’m so ready for fall.

• 3 Erica // Aug 24, 2007 at 8:36 am

Oh so very cool. I hope my Michaels has the specimen kit. I miss the Martha by Mail catalog soooo much.

• 4 Lisa // Aug 24, 2007 at 9:47 am

I second missing Martha by Mail. I still have her old catalogs that I look through longingly. Not getting the Martha Green Kitchenaid before they closed will always haunt me…

• 5 Gina // Aug 24, 2007 at 9:47 am

Those finger invitations completely rock and kick ass!

• 6 Jessica // Aug 24, 2007 at 10:59 am

man, martha knows how to rock out halloween!

• 7 Miss Sassy // Aug 24, 2007 at 11:08 am

I just blogged about some goodies I picked up at Michael’s this week. I couldn’t resist – they are so awesome!! Here is what I got:

Glad to hear that I’m not the only person buying Halloween stuff in Autumn. I was worried they would run out once I saw the window clings.

• 8 fillyjonk // Aug 24, 2007 at 2:57 pm

Wow, that finger one is a little bit too “Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell” for me right now.

• 9 ljc // Aug 24, 2007 at 7:19 pm

Hey! I just picked up some of that Martha stuff for my Halloween dinner party! We were chef’s from “Hell’s Kitchen” last year and figured we could use the white coats for lab coats and go with a Mad Scientist theme!

• 10 Red Zinnia // Aug 26, 2007 at 5:26 am

Thanks for the lead to the jack-o-lantern book. . . my boys will love it!

Lisa

• 11 Patti // Aug 27, 2007 at 9:47 am

I have to get that book! We’ve done vomiting pumpkins for the last two years – last year with a second pumpkin lookin on in horror. The first year, I added rice and mini M&Ms for verisimilitude. Once our local squirrel discovered the M&Ms, it only took him an hour to take them all away. I felt so guilty for feeding a poor little ignorant squirrel such a horrible food! I imagined him somewhere vomiting them up colorfully.

• 12 Cynthia // Aug 27, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Forget Martha, those pumpkins are awesome! I did an extreme monster pumpkin last year eating a bunch of little ones, it was so original compared to everything else that everybody did – and funnily enough, I came up with the idea while searching for Martha Stewart’s pumpkin designs. I did do a custome from Martha and won first place. Have to get that book!

• 13 Claudia // Aug 31, 2007 at 1:50 pm

Wow, that’s a REALLY awesome pumpkin book. As far as I’m concerned, it’s never too early for halloween.

• 14 Traci // Sep 3, 2007 at 12:48 pm

Oooooh, Halloween is so the best!

• 15 madeline haley // Oct 20, 2008 at 12:23 pm

i love this idea mind if i use it?

from,
    madeline

p.s.email me back at yoitbemaddie@aim.com