already all gone

I was so excited by my first successful baking of brownies in my Baker’s Edge Pan that I made more almost right away. This time I made Marbled Cheesecake Brownies from the recipe page on the Baker’s Edge site. They were so good, I mean, it’s hard to go wrong with brownies and cheesecake and even though I managed to mangle the brownie baking process quite a bit they were still so good.

I was supposed to swirl the cheesecake stuff in, but my brownie mixture was too solid for swirling, I must have done something wrong.

O Noes! I let them bake too long! But look how the brownie mixture has lovingly embraced the cheesecakey bits.

Isn’t that beautiful? I didn’t need to turn them out of the pan, we could have cut pieces and taken them out one by one, but it’s too much fun to see the whole squiggle like this.

Scott is a chocolate baked good connoisseur and informed me that the first brownies were of the fudgey variety, while these are of the cakey variety. He is a fan of both. No, that isn’t quite right, he is a fan of whatever type of brownie is in front of him at the time.

• 1 Amy // Aug 17, 2007 at 5:54 am

I love this post for so many reasons. One being the rather loooooong discussion I had this weekened with 2 girlfriends about the best part of the brownie being the edge. Ohhhhh they will be so thrilled!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

• 2 Angela // Aug 17, 2007 at 6:02 am

I need this pan! The brownies look really yummy.

• 3 Kate // Aug 17, 2007 at 6:07 am

That’s exactly right–when they are walking inside the UNDER ME letters!!!

• 4 Julie // Aug 17, 2007 at 6:09 am

I wonder how much of an increase Baker’s Edge will see in sales due to your experiments? I think I’ll be buying one of these today. I LOVE the tasty edge pieces, and the squiggle is just too cool.

• 5 Rose // Aug 17, 2007 at 6:10 am

Oh. Mygod. That looks so amazingly yummy, especially the cut shot with the cheesecake having integrated with the brownie.

• 6 shawnee // Aug 17, 2007 at 6:27 am

*drooling* i can’t wait to get one of those pans for myself.

• 7 Miss Sassy // Aug 17, 2007 at 6:36 am

Um. Yum!

• 8 erin // Aug 17, 2007 at 7:00 am

Baker’s Edge should pay you to be a spokesperson, because those photos are making my mouth water and I now know that I can’t live another day without this pan.

• 9 manda // Aug 17, 2007 at 7:13 am

I love cheesecake brownies. yum. I’m obsessed with this pan.

• 10 Courtney // Aug 17, 2007 at 7:23 am

I watched the BBC version of “The Silver Chair” last week…thier vision of a Marshwiggle was oh-so disappointing! But the owls really did say “Too-Woo, Too-woo!”

• 11 megan // Aug 17, 2007 at 7:26 am

Kate – Yup, though on further reflection the actual Baker’s Edge pan is even more fitting as a miniature play area for that scene.

• 12 Elizabeth // Aug 17, 2007 at 8:00 am

So glad you posted about this pan – I was wondering about it!

• 13 nadine // Aug 17, 2007 at 8:39 am

did you have to order this pan or can you buy it at like…walmart or something? because i think i need it.

• 14 megan // Aug 17, 2007 at 8:51 am

Nadine – The Baker’s Edge is a small company, I think they only have three employees, so unless you live in New York you’ll have to get it online. You can buy it at the Baker’s Edge site, on Amazon, and the site lists more retailers.

• 15 courtney // Aug 17, 2007 at 10:11 am

Well Dang it! Now I have to go read Narnia all over. I would be mad if they weren’t really just some of the greatest stories ever written.

• 16 Lori // Aug 17, 2007 at 10:46 am

I covet that pan.

• 17 angela // Aug 17, 2007 at 11:09 am

i know what i’ll be doing this weekend. yum!

• 18 cindy@staged4more // Aug 17, 2007 at 2:31 pm

i love that M shot you have ;) it’s so yummy! i am so getting this now (once i get my oven fixed)

• 19 ileana // Aug 17, 2007 at 6:59 pm

That’s it. I’m ordering one of these pans right now. Enough with coveting the baked goods of others. I must have my own!

• 20 chica // Aug 17, 2007 at 7:51 pm

Looks delicious!

• 21 Micki // Aug 18, 2007 at 12:26 pm

I have a question to those who do have this pan. Looking at some of the recipes where there is a filling…how do you get it out of the pan without the filling falling away? Do you simply do the turn over and it pops out upside down…thus topping is now on the bottom? I think this is so great…never saw it before. Thanks for posting.

• 22 Heather // Aug 18, 2007 at 4:34 pm

Those brownies Look tasty! I can’t believe people like edges over the ooey gooey center though. Edges are hard! I want an all center pan, yummmm…

• 23 anne // Aug 19, 2007 at 8:35 am

this looks soooo good!

• 24 megan // Aug 19, 2007 at 10:37 am

Micki – You don’t have to flip the pan upside down to get the pieces out, you could just as easily slice them and pull them out one by one.

• 25 AmethystGreye // Aug 19, 2007 at 12:56 pm

About the reading and the plot points?

ME, TOO!!!

• 26 kendra // Aug 19, 2007 at 3:34 pm

Yum! I bought this pan a while back and just made the cookie bars from the website today! They are also good. We really like that the bars stay fresher as there is only one cut edge at any given time. I have also made the lasagna recipe that came with the pan and it is terrific as well. The pan comes with its own cute little spatula which is just the right width. We’ll have to try the cheesecake brownies next!

• 27 Janet Nelson // Aug 20, 2007 at 2:40 am

That is the most beautiful pan of brownies I have ever seen!

• 28 betty // Aug 20, 2007 at 3:54 am

those look delicious!

• 29 Patience // Aug 20, 2007 at 5:46 am

You always post the yummiest goodies, and make me hungry! I now want this pan in THE WORST WAY! :)

• 30 Erika, Glam Lifestyle Editor/GlamNest // Aug 20, 2007 at 7:17 pm

THANK you for posting images of what really happens when you use this pan. I love the idea of it and imagined it would work, but your GORGEOUS photography really brought it to life–and made me want to snarf some cheesecake brownies immediately, which I would do if I hadn’t just chowed down on the remaining crumbs of my daughter’s butterfly birthday cake–my most ambitious undertaking since the days of good old croquenbouches. Thanks for the great post!

• 31 Rachel // Aug 27, 2007 at 6:29 pm

I thought of the letters in The Silver Chair too! I have read those books too much :P