links: crafts

If you have a crafty or design oriented business here in the Pacific Northwest please go vote for Seattle in Design*Sponge’s Biz Ladies Vote. Grace will bring a Biz Lady Nights meetup to the top five cities. Wouldn’t it be super cool to have one here? Voting closes Monday at 8 a.m. (Eastern time I believe) so vote now, or tomorrow, after you’ve had some coffee.

It’s Indie Fixx’s First Anniversary and they are celebrating with a prize bag give away filled with items from fifteen indie shops. Details and how to enter here. Happy Anniversary Indie Fixx!

I got word that the old craft segments from the Martha Stewart television show have been put together for a new series on the DIY Network. The show will be called Martha Stewart Crafts and it will begin airing in November of 2007. Set your Tivo wishlist now.

I should have it done in time for the next movie: Harry Potter Dark Mark Illusion Scarf, thanks to Sara for the link!

How to wind a center pull ball via Craft.

Hambly rub-on designs at Decor8.

Handbag product review at Fashion-Incubator.

Super cute DIY garden clogs using shoes from a dollar store. (Warning: music plays when you visit that site!)

I like this fabric basket that Craftlog made from The Crafter’s Companion. (Note to self: buy that book.)

These are clever – Beanie Baggie, a weighted drawstring bag made to hold your yarn so it won’t roll away while you’re knitting.

DIY shrinky dinks via Craft.

A pattern for knitted flip flop socks at Rostitchery.

· comments [9] · 08-10-2007 · categories:craft ·

• 1 Maitreya // Aug 10, 2007 at 7:43 pm

Thanks for the fabric basket love!

• 2 ico // Aug 11, 2007 at 11:16 am

So have you ever been able to wear flip-flops? I remember a few years back, several times you bemoaned the fact that you couldn’t stand the feeling of the thing between your toes, so you never wore them. Those flip-flop socks would probably drive you nuts…. !

• 3 Jen // Aug 11, 2007 at 4:06 pm

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! ;)

• 4 megan // Aug 11, 2007 at 6:43 pm

Ico – Nope, I’m still cannot wear flip flops, but I thought it was a cute pattern for those who do.

• 5 ex.libris // Aug 11, 2007 at 8:33 pm

Kind of OT, but thanks so much for posting the link to the window film with the silouette of tree branches a while back!

I ordered some as soon as I saw it as I’ve been looking for some neat window film to cover a window next to my front door. It came yesterday and we put it up today. I love it! I posted pictures of it on my flickr.

• 6 megan // Aug 12, 2007 at 8:00 am

ex.libris – It’s looks amazing! I think I’m going to use this on our back door where I have regular frosted film now. Thanks so much for showing it to us.

• 7 ex.libris // Aug 12, 2007 at 9:47 am

You’re welcome. I’ve been uncomfortable about random people looking in that window for awhile, so I’m glad I finally found something I love to cover it!

• 8 katbot // Aug 12, 2007 at 2:41 pm

did anyone else notice that the “Yard of Yarn” sold on that beanie bag site are actually ikea’s minifangst kids storage thingies?

• 9 beth // Aug 13, 2007 at 7:28 pm

The DIY shrinky-dinks worked great!!!! The deli at QFC was very happy to give us some #6 lids (I am kinda freaked out by baking that plastic in my oven, but the kids are having a blast)