links: beauty and shopping

Enthused about a toothbrush, the Colgate 360, at Swissmiss.

Nigella Lawson’s line of goods is available online, at Anh-Minh. I like the tin of classic cookie cutters.

Save yourself, hand crank radio, at Product Dose.

How to prevent forehead glare for guys, at Ask Metafilter.

I keep seeing these mentioned everywhere, but that doesn’t make me like them less: lampshades for wineglasses. Put a tealight in the glass and slip the shade on top, instant table light. At Mighty Goods.

Sweet, fingerprint wedding bands, at Popgadget.

· comments [9] · 08-2-2007 · categories:beauty · shopping ·

• 1 Cindy // Aug 2, 2007 at 6:59 am

Oh, I could just taste it right now. The picture is so yummy! If I lived on a desert island and could only eat one meal over and over that is what I would choose to eat, plus the cheese of course:)

• 2 Nia // Aug 2, 2007 at 10:43 am

This is nerdy but the Colgate 360 is a FABULOUS toothbrush. It’s really scratchy, but scratchy in a good way.

• 3 swissmiss // Aug 2, 2007 at 12:22 pm

Thank you for the plug! Have you tried the 360 yet? I am completely gaga over this thootbrush. How geeky am I?

• 4 timothy // Aug 2, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Forehead glare! I always wondered what the proper word for it was.

• 5 megan // Aug 2, 2007 at 2:40 pm

swissmiss – I have not tried it yet but my toothbrush is finally giving it up, so my next one will be the 360.

• 6 Kay // Aug 2, 2007 at 2:46 pm

I have to agree with Nia, greatest toothbrush ever! I tried it then ran out and bought one for my husband, demanding he try it (he likes it, but not as much as me!).

• 7 Shane // Aug 2, 2007 at 6:36 pm

Here is a link on how to make the wine glass shades yourself…

I do love them and am very tempted to have a girls craft night to make these in preparation for the holidays.

Thanks for the idea.

• 8 Campbell // Aug 3, 2007 at 4:03 pm

I read swissmiss’ post yesterday (via you) and couldn’t resist stopping at Target on the way home to pick up a 2-pack (1 for me, 1 for the boyfriend). It’s only been one day, but my mouth hasn’t felt this clean in a long time! (p.s. Crest’s pro-health line of toothpaste & wash is also pretty awesome at delivering fresh breath and clean teeth)

• 9 Kimberly // Aug 9, 2007 at 8:56 am

The cool little whisk and measuring cups I ordered from Nigella Lawson arrived today and they’re beautiful! I always loved the little cups she used on her show and they are more gorgeous in person than they are on TV. They make me feel like a little girl playing with a tea set. I totally want to hang them on my wall. The whisk is beautiful too, I can’t wait to try it out. Everything was delivered in nice boxes and in formed cardboard or (in the case of the cups) formed styrofoam.

Love it!