from the farmer’s market

food from the farmers market

One of my Envirosax held one dozen eggs, two large peaches, four sausages, one pound of small wild plums, four tomotoes, and one bagette. (Forgotten: goat chese, but it would have fit just fine.) I was awfully glad I had it in my purse.

· comments [14] · 08-2-2007 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 Lori // Aug 2, 2007 at 5:55 am

I *love* my Envirosax. So handy, so useful, so pretty.

• 2 amy // Aug 2, 2007 at 6:23 am

that looks so so so delicious! And i love the bags!

• 3 athena // Aug 2, 2007 at 7:44 am

i love my envirosax, too!

• 4 Dawn // Aug 2, 2007 at 8:19 am

I love them too, but wish they’d stay up on my shoulder! They always slip down and it drives me nuts.

Maybe I’ve been reading too much of Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpiller to my baby – your post totally reminded me of that book!

• 5 lindsay // Aug 2, 2007 at 8:44 am

thank goodness for farmers markets, they are my sanity.

also, thanks for the info on the envirosax, they are a perfect gift idea for like-minded city dwelling farmers market junkies. although i think i need to ‘audition’ one first :)

• 6 megan // Aug 2, 2007 at 9:18 am

Lindsay – Do try one out first (you can purchase them individually at http://envirosax.com/). I know a lot of people prefer baskets for the farmers market so product won’t get squished.

• 7 Katie // Aug 2, 2007 at 10:56 am

I too love my envirosax. I just moved from California to Pennsylvania…and boy do I get looks when I pull out my own bags. Maybe they all will learn something from me :)

• 8 Jen // Aug 2, 2007 at 12:19 pm

I got a thing of envirosax after your recommendation a few months ago, and I love them so much. I live in a really neighborhood-y, walkable area of Chicago, and I can’t even count the number of times people have commented on them at the market or on walks home (or how many times I’ve written the envirosax website down on the back of a receipt for someone). Good call!

• 9 mark // Aug 2, 2007 at 12:32 pm

Thank you for all your positive feedback.Our new organic series, featuring bamboo and linen will be available in the US in September. The new organic series are being launched next week at the New York International Gift Fair. The new retro are also arriving soon, they look simply amazing. Thank you again for all your support. Together we can stop plastic bag pollution.

Regards

Envirosax

• 10 Debbie // Aug 2, 2007 at 7:12 pm

I too bought my Envirosax after your recommendation and just LOVE them! I carry one in my purse all the time, so I always have one available if I didn’t expect to go shopping. I’ve given one set as a gift and am thinking about another giftee soon. I get very positive reactions every time I pull them out. Thank you so much for mentioning them!

• 11 nazila // Aug 2, 2007 at 8:29 pm

I saw these in Anchorage of all places. They are so pretty, but I have so many canvas bags from meetings, I feel guilty buying another bag.

Anyone need 15 canvas bags?

nm

• 12 Shelley Noble // Aug 3, 2007 at 11:12 am

Goregous post, Not Martha/Megan. And I’d like to take this comment opportunity to say THANK YOU! for enriching me life with your cool cool hunting!

• 13 Vincci // Aug 12, 2007 at 11:43 am

I finally saw those Envirosax for the first time at the mall today! I was shocked to find how small they wrap up to be! My roommates and I have a lot of those plasticy reusable bags from the store (I have a cute one with monkeys on it from Telus); I think they’re bigger, and they roll up surprisingly nicely into my admittedly larger-than-average purse. So I will stick with those for now, but the Envirosax sure are pretty!

• 14 Layla // Aug 16, 2007 at 10:47 am

I just bought three sets from Delight.com and I LOVE THEM!!! Not only are my bags oh so lovely – I got them the day after I ordered with some free samples.