links: the home

New window film with the silouette of branches, via Charles & Marie. I have to get a good picture of the Geranium window film in my kitchen, I love it.

I’ve seen this wallpaper that creates the illusion of light being splashed across a wall somewhere before, it’s great.

Something that might be good for the stairs on my deck – Phillipa Aurelle LED Decklights, at AT: Home Tech.

Coolaroo outdoor roller shades with UV protection, at AT:LA.

Create your own artwork from magazines at Shelterrific.

Ever wish you didn’t move away from an old city? Yeah, Apartment Therapy’s pictures of Form Vintage Modern in San Francisco make me feel that, just a little.

And there is also the modern choose your own adventure stencil story in the Mission, neato, on Flickr.

Floor panel radiant heating, I will have this one day. This one allows for the actual floor materials to carry the heating tubes. At AT: Home Tech.

AT: Home Tech round up of LED candles.

Speaking candles, how charming is this campfire candle holder seen at Might Goods?

The Apartment Therapy shop is carrying these French soap hooks which look great for a kitchen.

Oversized murals for your walls. See also: how to paint a tree mural.

How to make your own linen sprays, AT:Chicago.

Green roof blocks, at AT:NY. I wonder if we could install these?

Help me choose a breed of dog, at Ask Metafilter.

What large bamboo will grow in containers? In the Gardenweb forums.

Visiting Orla Kiely London at Decor8, gosh what great stuff. See also: wood floor decoration from the store, at AT:SF.

Thrifted dresser facelift, at Craft.

Keeping an eye on this: recreating one of those dangly capiz shell lamps, at Home by Sunset.

Wall house, an energy efficiant tent over a house thing, I like. At AT:SF.

Pretty lace pattern drain at AT:SF.

Hidden door bookshelf at Instructables.

Apartment Therapy: Green Home has launched!

· comments [10] · 07-18-2007 · categories:the home ·

• 1 Sara // Jul 18, 2007 at 7:57 am

Cool tree stencil! I did something similar with a cherry blossom branch, but used the computer to make my stencil.

There’s something magical about tree silhouettes.

• 2 Jennifer // Jul 18, 2007 at 8:41 am

Hmmm, I wonder if AT has those roller shade thingies that I could actually use inside, since I live in a condo. Boy, would something like that be useful! I live in Central Florida and my two large bedroom windows get afternoon sun everyday….

Also, on the dog thing, we’ve always had standard poodles in my family, along with a couple of golden retrievers, both of which are wonderful, wonderful breeds. Poodles don’t shed though. Both breeds are really sweet, friendly, loving, and smart smart smart (apart from one of my parents’ current standards that i am convinced is a reincarnation of Forrest Gump – still sweet and loving, though!)

• 3 Anna // Jul 18, 2007 at 9:51 am

Yay! More window film! I keep holding off on ordering the Emma Jeffs ($$$$) stuff just in case there’s something better out there.

Also, I think I am going to have to rip off that dresser at Craft, holy mackeral.

• 4 Wende // Jul 18, 2007 at 10:13 am

I’m a huge fan of the Standard Poodle, but my husband wanted a smaller dog. We ended up with a Welsh Terrier: she’s lovely and even tempered, not at all what you expect from other Terriers. Welshies won’t shed but do need brushing to keep from matting. Lovely dogs!

• 5 Alison // Jul 18, 2007 at 11:01 am

So many good links here. Magazine artwork, stencil story…I love it all. Thanks!

• 6 Jennifer // Jul 18, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Wende, I think that lots of brushing is wonderful beyond just avoiding matting. I mean, I bet the dog just absolutely adores it. And I didn’t realize there were other dogs out there that didn’t shed, so good to know

• 7 Shannon // Jul 18, 2007 at 3:23 pm

I have that same Geranium window film and I love it! It’s cute AND a privacy-keeper.

• 8 Gina // Jul 18, 2007 at 4:08 pm

WOW! I loved all these ideas. When we move, I want to do my family room in a minimalist, modern but natural theme. Very specific. :) But this fits the bill! Thanks for the great site.

Gina

• 9 Bill // Jul 18, 2007 at 4:28 pm

Nice!

• 10 Wende // Jul 19, 2007 at 2:13 pm

Jennifer,

Yeah, our dog adores the brush–sleeps through it, really. Happy little snores… but not all dogs are so thrilled. Too many people hear, “Doesn’t shed” and think that means no work… it’s really just the opposite. Worthwhile, tho! :D