links: food

What spices to use, via Swissmiss.

How to pour ketchup, with diagrams. Via The Morning News.

Easy chocolate cupcakes at Baking Bites.

Iced coffee, ah the wonders of cold-brewed coffee, at the NYTimes.

Oh boy, The Chocolate Shop here in Seattle sounds good. At Voracious.

Strawberry dumplings with poppy seeds, at Delicious Days.

Cream puffs with strawberry semifreddo, mmm. At Cook & Eat.

Nigella’s pea, mint and avacado salad, so good, via The Year of Living Gorgeously, one author of which served it to me on a stunning roof deck.

Do you want to be a supertaster? at Slate.

Inside the bombe, impressive watermelon ice cream on Justjenn’s Flickr.

Oh Smitten Kitchen, how did you know that I wanted a recipe for Ratatouille straight from the movie?!

· comments [7] · 07-10-2007 · categories:food ·

• 1 Anna // Jul 10, 2007 at 5:49 am

I had NO IDEA that there is such a thing as cold-brewed iced coffee. I drink 3 or 4 iced coffees a day during the summer (funny how I will restrict myself to a single hot coffee daily during the winter, but I live in denial when it comes to the iced variety…), so I had better get on this cold-brewed business!

• 2 Ashleigh // Jul 10, 2007 at 7:19 am

Fabulous! I love ice brewed coffee but could never figure out how to make the perfect cup! I can’t wait to try it after a nice meal of Ratatouille!

• 3 Laura // Jul 10, 2007 at 7:46 am

I have a barista secret for you…
    An easy way to make cold brewed cold coffee is in a french press. Just grind your best coffee on french press then scoop 4 to 6 heaping tablespoons in to your press and add cold filtered water. Now here is the hard part:wait! You have to wait for 12 to 16 hours for full extraction of the coffee oils to happen. After that 16 hours push down on your press and pour yourself a cold cup of joe.

• 4 natalie // Jul 10, 2007 at 8:39 am

I have been addicted to the Toddy system for years… LOVE.

• 5 erica // Jul 10, 2007 at 2:25 pm

That iced coffee recipe from the Times has *changed my summer life*. I used to sweat through my morning must-have cup here in the hot,hot Austin summer. I use Cafe du Monde coffee in the great-looking mustard yellow can.

• 6 janet // Jul 10, 2007 at 2:31 pm

so very, very excited to try this iced coffee thing. mostly because I don’t own a coffee maker and perhaps I don’t need one for my summer obsession!

• 7 Pieces // Jul 11, 2007 at 1:51 pm

Thanks for the ratatouille link–I can’t wait to try it!