up to

drooling over:
The Great Book of Chocolate by the very charming David Lebovitz

putting down in the planting beds:
chicken wire and free used coffee grounds from Starbucks, both are attempts to discourage the neighborhood cats from coming around

eating:
Lakerol pastilles

listening:
The Wee Free Men

paging through:
the lastest Blueprint magazine

· comments [11] · 07-2-2007 · categories:up to ·

• 1 Austin // Jul 2, 2007 at 7:49 am

Mmm. I love Lakerol. What flavor(s) do you have?

• 2 Patti // Jul 2, 2007 at 8:36 am

I’m so sad I missed him at Theo! I recently bought his ice cream book and it’s WONDERFUL.

• 3 Alison // Jul 2, 2007 at 8:51 am

Do the coffee grounds actually keep cats away? My neighboor’s cat keeps eating my chives.

• 4 Kristin S // Jul 2, 2007 at 1:18 pm

I love the Wee Free Men. It was a very popular read-aloud when I student taught in my 8th grade class. They loved the silly Scottish accent text, and how clever the Wee Free Men really are. :)

And thanks for reminding me to pick up the newest Blueprint.

• 5 nazilam // Jul 2, 2007 at 2:43 pm

My worms love the coffee grounds! We will stop at SBUX at greenlake and pick them up and then get coffee at Peets.

Peets will do the same for you as well.

I am bummed I missed DL, I was just not with it that day. I do love the book of chocolate and everytime I got to Wittamer I think of him filling the fresh cream truffles.

Have fun in your garden!

• 6 cindy // Jul 2, 2007 at 3:04 pm

Isn’t Blueprint mag the greatest?! Last week I found out that my local library now carries it (and MS Weddings) and my mouth dropped.

• 7 Michelle // Jul 3, 2007 at 7:01 am

I loooooove Terry Pratchett!

• 8 Ashley B // Jul 3, 2007 at 11:07 am

Try the Bouchons in “The Great Book of Chocolate.” I recently moved from PDX to Los Angeles and found myself so homesick for Portland that I had, HAD to have the Pearl Bakery’s bouchons. They don’t ship, but they did give the recipe to Mr. Lebovitz for this book. It is easy, tasty, and is perfect with dark coffee (iced or otherwise).

Seriously, it almost made me forget I was in LA.

• 9 marielle // Jul 3, 2007 at 4:50 pm

I just. can’t. stop. looking through that issue of Blueprint!

• 10 david // Jul 3, 2007 at 11:58 pm

Hey, nice to meet you in Seattle…and keep eating chocolate. It will make recovering your credit cards less painful.

(Isn’t Theo amazing?)

• 11 barenakehd // Jul 5, 2007 at 5:02 am

I saw this book and couldn’t help but think of you and your teeny pies… (c: