up to

drinking:
Jasmine
In this drink “the juice of 1/2 a lemon” equals about 3/4 ounce, also this isn’t a drink to substitute any old orange liquor for the Cointreau. (Image from Webmonkey via The Wayback Machine.)

wanting:
vacation time
Despite myself I’m thinking about tropical beaches.

eating:
Rescue Remedy Pastilles
I’ll let you know if they work.

reading:
Cell by Stephen King
Works right into that zombie thing I seem to be so determined to freak myself out over.

trying:
to decide on a flowering vine
Even though it’s a little too late to grow one this year. Shown here is the Canary Bird Vine, I like it’s leaves.

· comments [12] · 06-18-2007 · categories:up to ·

• 1 robyn // Jun 18, 2007 at 6:20 am

For a flowering vine, I’d recommend Clematis, they come in all different colours and the flowers are large some flower from June to October!
    (Not that you asked for a recommendation)

• 2 Erika // Jun 18, 2007 at 6:37 am

After reading Cell you will not want to speak on one for a while. Enjoy!

• 3 kate // Jun 18, 2007 at 6:41 am

Oh I’m very much addicted to the Bach Rescue Remedy Spray/Dropper bottles!

Whether it’s a placebo or a really effective remedy, I don’t mind – it seems to help me to have it on hand.

Although so does sewing, or having a crafty project to work on…

• 4 Joyful Abode // Jun 18, 2007 at 8:12 am

I want a change of scenery, too. Something near water… oh wait! I’m moving to Florida! *grin*

• 5 Quiana // Jun 18, 2007 at 9:12 am

They are making Cell into a movie. I am looking forward to it- as I look forward to all that is zombie.

• 6 Patti // Jun 18, 2007 at 9:14 am

I don’t scare easy anymore. But Cell definitely had its moments!

• 7 Lenore // Jun 18, 2007 at 9:38 am

The canary bird vine looks great! I hadn’t seen it before. Other fun annual vines are sweet peas and nasturtiums. I like nasturtiums because the blossoms have a pleasant peppery flavor and look great on salads.

• 8 Molly // Jun 18, 2007 at 10:19 am

I had wanted to do morning glories on our back fence, and I’m disappointed in myself for waiting so long. Maybe we could still try and call it a trial run.

• 9 carol // Jun 18, 2007 at 3:43 pm

i love wisteria…is that a vine?

• 10 McAuliflower // Jun 19, 2007 at 12:46 am

Oh- that vacation shot looks like the beach we stayed at on Oahu!

The sand was like sugar…

whoops- sorry, That was almost taunting.
    (You know where to find me if you want more details). :)

• 11 Carrie // Jun 19, 2007 at 5:26 am

I second the clematis recommendation. I have autumn clematis on a fence at my house, and I’d say it’s not too late for you to plant it. It grows like crazy – something like 20 feet over the summer- even after being pruned way back.

We had no idea what this was when we moved in and didn’t do too much to it, yet we were surprised by tons of white flowers in September. It’s pretty low maintenance, which is nice.

• 12 megan // Jun 19, 2007 at 11:29 am

Thanks for the clematis recommendations, there was one growing on the back of the garage in the house I grew up in and I liked it. For a low-maintenance plant that comes back year after year I might consider it.