cooling down

I recieved a Vacu Vin Rapid Ice pack as a gift last Christmas, and I’m really pleased with how it works. It’s a gel pack that you keep in your freezer, when you need to keep some white wine chilled, or even cool down some red, you simply slip it over the bottle. It keeps the contents nicely cold. I’ve even been known to slip this over a bottle of beer, which can go from sort of cold to ice cold very quickly. Oh look, they even have can sizes, beer bottle sizes and a countoured one for champagne bottles. I don’t particularly like the graphics on the sides, but here is a silver one for wine bottles.

p.s. Why yes, that is a Campari bottle in the picture. We very conveniently didn’t have any wine in the house at the time of the picture taking.

· comments [8] · 06-7-2007 · categories:drink · shopping ·

• 1 Elizabeth // Jun 7, 2007 at 8:27 am

YUM. Nothing better than Campari & Soda with a splash of OJ on a hot day. Drank a few of these in Italy.

• 2 Abby // Jun 7, 2007 at 9:25 am

I got one of those a few years back and I LOVE IT. It comes in so handy when friends pop in!

• 3 jjzach // Jun 7, 2007 at 12:09 pm

I have one that I received as a gift that works great, but has the tackiest group of fat golfers on it. I have been on the lookout for one with a bit more style but have never been satisfied. I still get out this one and just make sure I turn the uglier golfers toward my husband. Has anyone seen one that is just a solid color at the very least?

• 4 megan // Jun 7, 2007 at 12:33 pm

jjzach – There is a solid silver one for wine bottles (last link), and the Vacu Vin site shows a solid black one.

• 5 Alison // Jun 7, 2007 at 3:34 pm

Great idea! This seems much easier than dragging out an ice bucket (if I owned one of those). Love the blog.

• 6 megan // Jun 7, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Alison – I forgot to mention that was another reason to have it, I don’t have (or really want) and ice bucket).

• 7 Pieces // Jun 7, 2007 at 7:35 pm

I just put on my list yesterday to try to find one of these. No kidding. Thanks for the links.

• 8 Jean Philippe // Jun 8, 2007 at 5:08 am

LLLLOve these Campari Soda or with OJ…the best.