5 6 7 8

We recently borrowed two ladders (the first wasn’t quite tall enough) and in doing so got a quick education in what size we might need for our house and what kind we might buy if we find we need one often enough. The one we liked best was a 21-foot aluminum Gorilla Ladder (thank you Maggi and Jeff). I’d seen a recommendation for the 13 foot Gorilla ladder on Cool Tools ages ago, so I was unreasonably excited to get to try one out.

It allowed us to comfortably wire a pendant lamp into a 13 foot ceiling over a stairwell while using the ladder in the A-frame configuration. The Gorilla Ladder felt sturdier than the ladder we had to compare it to, it was easy to change configurations and see if it was locked into position, and I’d be comfortable using it to climb up to our gutters. And, it folds up small enough to fit into our very tiny backyard shed to be stored. It’s definitely the brand we would go with should we decide we need to have a ladder. (I’d say something about the amount of stuff homeowners suddenly find themselves needing to purchase, but it’s just too sad to go on about here.)

· comments [6] · 05-30-2007 · categories:the home ·

• 1 Kathleen // May 30, 2007 at 8:35 am

We bought a similar ladder at Costco for about $100– made by Werner. We love it– especially the price.

• 2 Ty // May 30, 2007 at 10:03 am

I believe I have the same $100 Werner ladder. Love it too!

• 3 Allison // May 30, 2007 at 10:21 am

I see the comment before mine says just what I was going to say. Costco has something almost identical for about $100. We’ve been very pleased with ours.

• 4 Molly // May 30, 2007 at 12:40 pm

We just bought a Gorilla Ladder and we love it! Our drive way is a very steep hill and this ladder was stable enough to allow my hubby up to clean the gutters. And so much cheaper than the Little Giant!

• 5 megan // May 30, 2007 at 3:13 pm

We’ll be sure to check out the Werner ladders if we do decide we need to buy one, thanks for the recommendations.

• 6 Carolyn J. // May 30, 2007 at 6:25 pm

It’s bad enough to have to buy all the homeowner stuff…but it’s even worse to have to pay more for a heavy-duty ladder because you’re, well, heavy-duty. *sigh*