shopping

Pop up greeting, at Oh Joy.

Invisible Ink, at Cool Hunting.

The Tord Boontje Book at Happy Mundane.

She’s A Betty on heeled shoe inserts, including Foot Petals and Insolia.

Glass cling labels, like wine glass charms that don’t require a stem. At Imbibe.

Four jeans styles reviewed at SundryBuzz. I used to like the Levi 515s, but I have been preferring Calvin Klein Flare jeans for everyday wear. They come in different lengths, including my short-girl 30″ inseams, are stretchy enough without being clingy, and the dark wash is rather nice.

Angela Adams Sunbrella fabric at AT:LA.

Cute robot iron-on transfers by Mod Dots Shop, at Craft.

· comments [7] · 05-17-2007 · categories:shopping ·

• 1 Amber // May 17, 2007 at 9:36 am

I bought a pair of the Insolia ones when they first came out to wear in my 4″ stilettos, and they really do work. The shoes will still hurt your feet, and you still have to deal with walking on stilts, but you can wear them for much much longer without feeling like you’re going to die. Haha.

I even walked about 6 blocks in them, unthinkable before I put those inserts in.

• 2 fbz // May 17, 2007 at 9:59 am

for jeans you might like true jeans, a new site that figures out your best bets from your measurements and jean fit preferences. grumperina (of knitting fame) reviewed it here: http://www.grumperina.com/knitblog/archives/2007/05/true_jeans.htm

• 3 Patti // May 17, 2007 at 12:50 pm

Oh the cling labels! You could do that with colorforms sets or any window clings, how cool!

• 4 k a t // May 17, 2007 at 3:23 pm

Also re: shopping, did you know this weekend the local yarn stores get together and have a Puget Sound shop hop?

If you need a yarn fix…

k a t

• 5 *Terramia* // May 17, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Puget Sound? Cool…

• 6 becky // May 18, 2007 at 11:02 am

I tried on some tummy tuck jeans at Macy’s the other day. They fit really well (and truly, they did make my stomach look smaller!) but they were snugger in the thighs than I like and they felt too stretchy (and $98 is more than I want to spend on jeans!) It’s hard to find a pair of jeans these days that don’t have spandex in them (especially above size 12)

• 7 f.a.t // May 23, 2007 at 9:43 am

I’m enamored of the jeans at Forth and Towne (Gap for oldsters–ignore the acronym). Sadly, the chain is closing in mid-June, but for now, most jeans are marked down to 12.99 from 56.00. In the puget sound area, they’ve got stores in Pacific Place (big selection) and Alderwood (slimmer pickings).