craft stuff

on knitting machines at Craftzine

Angry Chicken shows some of the Denyse Schmidt’s new fabric line Katie Jump Rope

One Hour Craft points us to these free Burda patterns – I love the ’60s bag, a lot

how to make leather business card holders, at Bluelines

Anh-minh and Skona Life show off some projects from Lotta Jansdotter’s Simple Sewing, and Glittergoods discovers the doorstop is larger than it seems in the photographs

· comments [6] · 04-12-2007 · categories:craft · sewing ·

• 1 Melinda // Apr 12, 2007 at 5:49 pm

you have been tagged!

• 2 mod*mom // Apr 12, 2007 at 8:43 pm

hi notmartha!
    love your links + minimalist design :)

• 3 melanie watts // Apr 14, 2007 at 1:24 pm

I love the bag too. I think it would be really cool made up in leather but easier to come by, maybe fake leather.

• 4 miranda // Apr 15, 2007 at 2:16 am

I got the same feeling about that doorstop when I was looking at the book. If you actually read the dimensions of the fabric, and the instructions, and try to think them through, I think it probably becomes apparent to most people that it’s a little larger than expected.

But I imagine the size would be surprising if you didn’t, or couldn’t, go through the visualization step. (I mean that I’m pretty good at conceptualizing sizes under 2 feet, probably from knitting and doing art stuff, but I understand that for various reasons some other people might not be! It’s not even a matter of training – I have some art friends who can “eyeball” things and some who can’t.)

• 5 Leah // Apr 16, 2007 at 3:27 pm

I know this isn’t on-topic for this post, but I just wanted to say “Yay!” – I found the Chefmate enameled cast iron pot at the Redmond Target yesterday. there was one more left on the shelf, so any readers in this area, there’s still hope!

• 6 rosemary curran // Apr 17, 2007 at 3:21 am

Yesterday from this site I followed a trail of breadcrumbs that led to pictures and comment from a blogger who was making childrens skirts. I marked the skirt tutorial but failed to do so for the darling bias cut skirt with a dropped waistband. If I remember correctly the sewer was going to make the skirt longer the next time to suit the tallness of a growing child. Anyway, I was so inspired by that pattern I bought fabric that is “burning a hole” in my pocket now with the wishing of finding my lost web site. Can anyone remember and help me out? Ther was a picture on the site of just the skirt and some twirling little legs. I so want to start this!
    R