Chefmate pots at Target

I thought they were gone for good, but on Sunday I spotted two enameled cast iron pots at my Target (Southcenter Mall, Seattle, for the locals). So, if you wanted one but couldn’t find one earlier there is still hope.

· comments [12] · 03-26-2007 · categories:food ·

• 1 Austin // Mar 26, 2007 at 10:59 am

I left a comment on your previous post before I saw this one, I guess we saw the same pots :)

• 2 megan // Mar 26, 2007 at 11:07 am

Neat. I nearly bought another simply because they are, at least in my head, rare.

• 3 Maura // Mar 26, 2007 at 3:28 pm

I bought one tonight. There was just the one at my Target.

• 4 Patti // Mar 26, 2007 at 7:33 pm

I can’t get to my email right now, but I thought you might be interested in this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17803437/wid/11915773/

I make bread with a levain that I ferment for a couple of days – it’s lovely, and easy. I use the cookbook Bread Alone. I think I’ll start making my pizza crust like that, and whole wheat.

• 5 courtney // Mar 27, 2007 at 8:06 am

OOOH! I hope this means that mine has some. I saw these back before Christmas, and put off getting one as my mother in law always gives me a target gift card. When I went back they didn’t have them. I have been kicking myself ever since. Thanks for the tip!

• 6 Amy // Mar 27, 2007 at 9:40 pm

I recently bought one of these too. I spent weeks checking online and calling all the stores in the Seattle area and finally found one in Factoria. Then the next day at least 5 Target stores had product status “limited availablity” or “available” when just the day before they were all out of stock. I guess they must be getting them back in or something…

• 7 Molly // Mar 28, 2007 at 5:57 am

I bought mine two weeks ago. For some reason it was on CLEARANCE! So for $17.00 it was mine. There was nothing wrong with it and my first attempt at the no knead bread was a success.

• 8 Fahm // Mar 28, 2007 at 9:30 am

Scored one last night at my Target in Sacramento. They must be re-stocking.

• 9 cmightym // Mar 29, 2007 at 5:15 pm

i bought one at southcenter on tuesday afternoon. thanks for the heads up!

• 10 Chelsea // Apr 20, 2007 at 5:52 am

I just found a Target’s new Dutch oven offering. It doesn’t look like it will be available until July 15. I have already pre-ordered mine through Amazon. I couldn’t find it on Target’s site yet. It’s $49.99,6qt and comes in three colors: Island Spice(red), Caribbean Blue, and Cafe.

• 11 CorporateMonkey // Sep 14, 2007 at 9:35 pm

After much back and forth, I finally caved and bought the one that’s been sitting on my local Target’s shelves for months. I used the recipe for How to Poach Chicken from Coconut & Lime, and it was great!

I stopped into the next Target I passed out of curiosity, and they have 2 more. I was amazed.

• 12 tami // Oct 12, 2007 at 9:33 am

Target has a Chefmate Dutch Oven right now. The picture is different from the description. The photo has a cast iron lid, but the description is for a tempered glass lid with a stainless steel knob.