your Seattle favorite

Seattle.net is running a food photography contest, Delicious Dish, from the site:

We all have a favorite place in Seattle to eat, and one dish that we order over and over again. Now is your chance to show the world your favorite food in Seattle! Take a picture of your favorite food item/dish from a local Seattle restaurant (not a chain), explain why it’s the best, and send the picture to us by March 28th.

The Prize: We will reward the best photo with $100 cash and their photo will be the Featured Photo on our Homapge. The runner-up will receive $50 cash. Both the first and second place winners will receive a $25 gift certificate to Bai Pai Restaurant in Ravenna!

Seeing as a friend (hi Maggi!) recently phoned me to rave about a restaurant which I forget the name of which serves your food in tiny Le Creuset pots, I figured this contest might give me an excuse to eat there.

But as for a dish that I order over and over again, I cannot say I have one yet. I had the French toast at Etta’s once and fully intend to make that a regular habit. Does mushroom and pepperoni from Stellar count? Because that would be my current regular. If Tutta Bella could make the fig, prosciutto and goat cheese pizza a menu item that would be my thing. I’m afraid the one dish that became a regular for me, one that I think about nearly seven years later, is back in Cleveland and lives at Stino da Napoli. I miss you, Petto Di Pollo Alla Genovese.

· comments [7] · 03-22-2007 · categories:seattle ·

• 1 Jamie // Mar 22, 2007 at 9:25 am

Oooooooo, the Troublemaker from Smarty Pants might be one of my favorite ‘dishes’ even though it’s just a sandwich.
    When you find out the name of the restaurant serving food in le cruset pots will you please post? i’d love to try. Have you been to the crepe restaurant in ravenna? So good!

• 2 Mel // Mar 23, 2007 at 8:56 am

I gotta say that I loved the lavender panna cotta at Zoe’s in Belltown, and ANY pizza at Serious Pie (another Tom Douglas coup)… the one thing I miss was, when I lived in Baltimore, there was a place called the Golden West Cafe, and no french toast I have had anywhere competes with their banana, walnut, and coconut-creme-fraiche version. But I’ll have to sample Etta’s, to make sure ;) … and go to Smarty Pants!

• 3 Maggi // Mar 23, 2007 at 9:02 am

I am rife with Favorite Meals: honey-stung fried chicken at the 5 Spot, Laura Chenel Goat Cheese Fondue and the Gigantic Crouton with Lettuce at Palace Kitchen, yam chips and pot roast at Hot Dish, Chachi’s Favorite at the Honeyhole, and now? Moules Cremant at (where else) Cremant. That’s where they serve many of their dishes in 2-qt. Le Creuset pots, it’s so charming and adorable and french. In addition to the mussels, I also saw the cassoulet served in it, and one other seafood dish. The mussels, btw, are a two-person meal. I was nowhere near close to finishing them.

• 4 Sarah // Mar 24, 2007 at 8:55 am

oh how I miss Seattle! Now I’ll be tormented all day by the memory of Sand Point Grill’s foie gras special one evening last year in spring.

• 5 amanda // Mar 28, 2007 at 9:48 am

i thought meals served on fiestaware were nice but now i have to seek out the place which serves in le creuset!

• 6 JvA // Aug 19, 2007 at 1:24 pm

The fig, proscuitto, and goat cheese pizza at Tutta Bella has led me to seriously consider planting a fig tree in the backyard.

• 7 megan // Aug 19, 2007 at 2:36 pm

It’s funny you should mention it – I’ve been attempting to recreate it at home. Not so much luck so far, though.