look! summer shoes with no between the toe action!

Check out the new styles of Crocs. I think I might get a pair. Does anybody know if these newer ones are available at Nordstrom, or someplace where I could try them on?

Cleo

Patra

Sassari, these look like summer heels I could actually wear.

Prima, these aren’t new but I’ve been wanting a pair ever since I saw them over at Super Eggplant. Cute.

· comments [25] · 03-7-2007 · categories:shopping ·

• 1 Abby // Mar 7, 2007 at 7:05 pm

You have no IDEA how happy these make me! I have black Mary Janes and I wear them every. single. day. They are some of the most perfect shoes I’ve ever owned.

I like my Mary Janes because they’re a bit more stylish than the typical clogs, so I’m grateful they’re introducing even more cute styles.

• 2 stef // Mar 7, 2007 at 9:05 pm

I can definitely see myself in those cute summer heels, even to work since the office allows open toe shoes :) YAY!

Thanks for sharing these new styles.

• 3 TheBon // Mar 7, 2007 at 9:17 pm

I want a pair of each of those styles. I haven’t seen any of the strappy ones in the wild yet, including the crocs kiosk in the Washington Square Mall [Tigard, Oregon]. They were just made available March 1st though, so I hold out hope that they’ll show up places soon.

• 4 Maggi // Mar 7, 2007 at 10:21 pm

I saw the ballet flats at Macy’s last week!

• 5 daria // Mar 7, 2007 at 10:32 pm

I just tried on a pair of the flats over at Sole Food, super cute but not for the high-arched among us (I was so sad!).

• 6 megan // Mar 7, 2007 at 11:56 pm

Bummer, I’m an arch support needer myself.

• 7 shannon // Mar 8, 2007 at 12:09 pm

I have 9 pair of Crocs and I wear them every single day. I’m dying for some of the Sassari wedges. You won’t be sorry- Crocs are the most comfortable shoes you’ll ever wear!

• 8 girlrobot // Mar 8, 2007 at 5:24 pm

wow i had no idea crocs made cute shoes…i would actually wear those primas!

• 9 mw // Mar 8, 2007 at 6:58 pm

I have the primas in black, I wear them all the time, I love them.

I saw them during my last trip to Nordstrom. But I didn’t see the strappy looking sandals yet.

• 10 Liz // Mar 8, 2007 at 7:51 pm

If you are wanting to find a place to try them on, there is a place on the Crocs website to enter in your state and city, and it will tell you which stores in your area carry them.

The Sassari ones look really nice – - they look comfy, but dressy enough for the office this summer!

• 11 carol // Mar 9, 2007 at 8:12 am

i love my ballet flat crocs! they’re great for when it rains and for walking the pooch. who knew plastic shoes could be so cute?

• 12 mel // Mar 9, 2007 at 2:05 pm

i’ll be different and say that i’m not a fan of the shoes. actually, following any trend seems dangerous, because we all know that whenever the fashion police deem these outdated next year, these shoes will be tossed! :(

• 13 megan // Mar 9, 2007 at 2:11 pm

mel – Heard and understood, but I’m a fan of comfort over fashion. That said, these are shoes I would only wear at home or in very casual situations.

• 14 reese // Mar 9, 2007 at 4:00 pm

i saw them at the nordstrom downtown (i work by there so i’m there at least a couple times a week).

• 15 megan // Mar 9, 2007 at 4:18 pm

Thanks Reese!

• 16 McAuliflower // Mar 9, 2007 at 9:54 pm

Wow! Someone else not keen on toe cleavage?

• 17 Kristyn // Mar 10, 2007 at 8:34 am

I bought the ballet flat crocs from the croc website and when they arrived they were a size to small. I was bummed because they didn’t fit and I didn’t want to spend the shipping on returning them and waiting another month to recieve them ect…so I gave them to my neice and moved on. Until I saw a equally cute pair from Airwalk at Payless shoe source. I don’t see them on their website but its worth taking a trip to your local store and seeking them out.

• 18 Summer shoes. « Chez Shoes // Mar 10, 2007 at 8:46 am

[...] Other summer shoes are under consideration by Megan over at Not Martha. Like me, Megan cannot wear flip-flops. But unlike Megan, I can’t wear slides, either.  Hmm, now that I think about it, I’m not even sure if I could wear those Merrie clogs – but I intend to try! [...]

• 19 marielle // Mar 10, 2007 at 8:48 am

I’ve got summer shoes on my mind too. I do believe that I am the only person in all of Southern California who can’t just pick up a $3 pair of flip-flops and be done with it!

• 20 megan // Mar 10, 2007 at 9:00 am

McAuliflower – I cannot wear things between my toes, I don’t know why. I used to have a page here listing types of non-toe-thong flip flop type shoes but it was buried in the move to WordPress.

Kristyn – I’ll keep an eye out, there is a Payless near the Target I visit pretty regularily.

Marielle – I feel your pain.

Daria – Thanks for the info about the lack of arches. Sadly, I need the arch support. I’ll stop in Sole Food next time I’m up there though.

• 21 Seattlejo // Mar 13, 2007 at 9:43 am

Have you seen the crock knockoffs at Payless? I wanted a pair of the pimas but they just didnt seem sturdy enough.

• 22 Michelle // Mar 14, 2007 at 3:50 pm

Oh that pink pair is adorable!

• 23 Brandy // Mar 23, 2007 at 9:37 am

I want the sassari so bad! I called the crocs company and apparently they aren’t out yet, though they were expected to have been released on 3/1.

Mel, like others on here I have spent more money then I care to admit on ‘comfortable’ shoes that were in style, and every pair has failed me in comfort, except my $30 crocs. So for 30 bucks I will enjoy my comfort and when/if I choose to be a follower of the fashion police it wont be a big deal because it was only 30 bucks.

• 24 ladyjane // Apr 2, 2007 at 10:27 am

Try the $11.99 moc-crocs at Target. They call them Water Ballet Flats. They’re pretty awesome for the price!

• 25 Christina // Apr 17, 2007 at 1:59 pm

I have a pair of Crocs Cleo in the chocolate and pink color in Size 5. They fit true to size, even maybe a little too snug (the back of my heel ends where the shoe ends), but I can honestly say that these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. They are a MUST try even if you think you need arch support and you’ve heard (but not tried on and walked in yourself) that Crocs have no arch support. I think if you try on a pair of Crocs, you’ll get an idea of what “walking on air” feels like.