misc

Evany on her skin

dealing with blackheads on the nose and large pores in general, at Ask Metafilter

fabric trim box tutorials at Craftzine

how to make your own felting tool at Craftzine

firefly lamps at Apartment Therapy

crochet TV and Atari, I totally want one of these, at Craftzine

What’s in your overnight bag? Violet Blue and Merlin Mann, at Dethroner

super cool egg water growing thing at LJC

Pak-Lite super small LED flashlight, at Uncrate

haunting and pretty snowglobes by Walter Martin and Paloma Munoz, I lost my reference link to this

Maifesto Games, at Cool Hunting

annoy-a-tron, at Sundry Buzz

making the informed LCD monitor purchase, at Product Dose

cute squeezy silicone travel bottles, at Cool Hunting. I recently went looking for travel bottles and found a large variety of small Nalgene bottles at Storables. They were tall and short, and came with wide or narrow openings, from 1 to 4 (maybe 6) ounces. They are made of translucent white plastic and look rather Muji-esque. I bought some for travel, and a wide mouth bottle to hold baking soda for exfoliation in my shower. The Container Store also carries them, and in square bottles too. Obviously, I like these.

· comments [8] · 03-2-2007 · categories:links · shopping · technology ·

• 1 sarah // Mar 2, 2007 at 8:47 pm

I love your blog! I just stumbled upon it today. I don’t know if this fits your post, but there are some neat notebook/planners that link together here: http://www.starthereny.com/

• 2 crystal // Mar 3, 2007 at 8:54 pm

I am one of your many blog lurkers…thought it was about time to give a shout out for such a fun and informative read!
    So, my big reason for posting is to find out what you do with baking soda to exfoliate? Please explain:)

• 3 megan // Mar 4, 2007 at 12:11 am

Crystal – I mix it with a little bit of Cetaphil cleanser or just water to make a paste which I use to exfoliate my face. It’s nice and gentle and doesn’t irritate my usually sensitive skin.

• 4 crystal // Mar 4, 2007 at 10:09 pm

Gracias! I’ll be trying that one of these days.

• 5 Kerri // Mar 5, 2007 at 9:01 am

OT: this post. Could you please post the link to the Stay Calm & Carry On prints? It’s disappeared! Thanks. :)

• 6 megan // Mar 5, 2007 at 9:44 am

Kerri – sure thing. There are two options that I know of. The original reproduction poster is red and you can buy it here (scroll down a bit) at Barter Books, via Swiss Miss.

The one I bought is much more expensive but I really wanted the blue color for my front entry, it’s here at Keep-Calm.

• 7 Erika // Mar 5, 2007 at 10:22 am

I too was curious about the baking soda. I will definitely have to try that!

• 8 nia // Mar 10, 2007 at 6:05 pm

Crystal — you can mix the baking soda with anything that isn’t acidic. Water is good, cleanser works, so does honey — though you’ll want to do that in the shower.

On then metafiltet/blackhead issue: I **promise you** that the Bliss Steep Clean mask is The Answer. It is a miracle mask and smells wonderful. It’s spendy $50/tube but it is worth every single penny. Rx Benzaclin is another miracle product.