recipes

too cute mini bagels at Delicious Days

wafer wonderland at Smitten Kitchen

cream scones with currants and fennel seeds at Orangette

pad thai for beginners at Chez Pim

tagliatelle con ragu alla bolognese, no idea where I grabbed this from

lazy ravioli at Pip in the City

mom roblin’s potato chip cookies (scroll down a bit), at NPR

roasted sweet potato sticks with rosemary at The Kitchen

fig gorgonzola crostini wtih caramelized onions at Sundry Buzz

canned cakes at Delicious Days

my dad’s garlic bread at 101 Cookbooks

homemade kettle corn at Seattlest

late to the no knead bread party, Splatgirl Creates

Scottish oats at Everybody Likes Sandwiches, I have just discovered the good compromise in flavor vs. time that is Bob’s Red Mill Scottish Oats — see also Jennie is sad to find Trader Joe’s doesn’t offer the frozen microwaveable oatmeal anymore so she makes it her own damn self

· comments [10] · 02-27-2007 · categories:food · links · recipes ·

• 1 Recipes » Recipes February 27, 2007 12:57 pm // Feb 27, 2007 at 10:04 am

[...] Recent Blog Posts recipes too cute mini bagels at Delicious Days wafer wonderland at Smitten Kitchen cream scones with currants and fennel seeds at Orangette pad thai for beginners at Chez Pim tagliatelle con ragu alla bolognese, no idea where I grabbed this …Photos and recipes I ended up making the enchilada sauce and some Spanish rice from recipes I found online. The dinner was a definite success, so I thought I’d post the recipes here. Spanish Rice (from http://www.elise.com/recipes/) olive oil …Posting recipes from books I am not sure how to go about this, but what is the rule or concensus on posting recipes from books, whather we modify them or not?End of February – wow that was fast! I can?t believe March 1 is just around the corner. I know Feb is a short month but come on – its like I blinked and it was over. It has been busy all around and I think I have neglected my fitness routine a bit. …Recipes – Cauliflower Crunch Salad (five ingredients) This make-ahead salad is easy to prepare and goes well with any meal. Ingredients:. 1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces 10 ounce package frozen peas, defrosted 2 cans water chestnuts, drained and chopped 1/3 cup onion, chopped … [...]

• 2 Jennie // Feb 27, 2007 at 10:18 am

My nationwide correspondents tell me that, yes! the frozen steel-cut oats are actually available… elsewhere. I wonder if our mild climate here makes it a poor seller.

• 3 funessa // Feb 27, 2007 at 10:22 am

Potato Chip Cookies are the BEST! Real Simple has another variation and they end up tasting exactly like pecan sandies:

• 4 Sherry // Feb 27, 2007 at 11:19 am

I am so making that chocolate wafer cake tonight!!!!

• 5 splatgirl // Feb 27, 2007 at 11:26 am

If you like steel cut oats and the Bob’s Red Mill stuff, you MUST try their 5 Grain hot cereal mix. It’s like a cross between oatmeal and those other, more toothsome take-a-long-time-to-cook hot cereals and it’s really, really good. Plus it only takes five or ten minutes to make.
    Yum.

Thanks for the link, btw!

• 6 Aran // Feb 27, 2007 at 12:07 pm

I have to throw in a link to an even better mini-bagel recipe:

Instead of molasses, however, use barley malt. It is an essential ingredient if you want to recreate New York bagels.

• 7 kelli // Feb 27, 2007 at 2:18 pm

I love the steel cut oats. I put them in the fuzzy logic rice maker with liquid (half milk, half water) overnight on the porridge setting. Best alarm clock ever.

• 8 ann // Feb 27, 2007 at 3:22 pm

lazy ravioli are amazing. They’re so versatile and easy, but I have to say, the potato flakes are a little, um, strange.

• 9 Marce // Feb 27, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Hey, Megan, thanks for posting to my lazy ravioli recipe. Did you try it?

Oh and I´ve recently moved my site to http://pipinthecity.wordpress.com

And Ann, I know the potato flakes might sound weird, but they do work, I´ve been incorporating them to different things to mellow out some strong flavors, to absorb water (as was the case in this recipe) or to bread meats mixed with some panko and parmessan to get an amazing crust.

• 10 chris // Feb 28, 2007 at 10:04 am

I tried the fig-gorgonzola-caramelized onion crostini from Linda’s site this weekend, and my guests loved them. And, I ate the five leftover ones the next morning for breakfast. Yum.