pamplemousse!

The Pink Grapefruit Mentos were found last night at a Bartell Drugs (a local Seattle chain) in University Village mall while picking up our buffet for the dining room. My pot rack also arrived yesterday. By tonight I will be happy in only the way that having: taxes done, a place to store my mixer and hang my pots, a great lip balm and good candy all in once place could make me. I plan to make Simple Thai Chicken and Rice to celebrate.

There were a bunch of other flavors at Bartell, so many that I assume all the Mentos flavors will be appearing all over the US. I remember sour apple, strawberry, grape and cinnamon. Ooh, I hope we get the licorice flavor. Thanks to Bonney for pointing to the Mentos store, where you can buy pink grapefruit Mentos by the box (20 rolls). I wasn’t quite that committed.

· comments [11] · 02-21-2007 · categories:food ·

• 1 TeenSleuth // Feb 21, 2007 at 11:09 am

Oh, please show the pot rack. I am trying to find a good one for our kitchen and have had no luck.

• 2 Jess // Feb 21, 2007 at 11:28 am

Plus, pamplemousse is almost the best word in the French language, according to me. Ranks right up there with coquelicot.

• 3 Sara // Feb 21, 2007 at 3:47 pm

The UW bookstore had the licorice Mentos once, but no more (though they do have pamplemousse and pommes verte). They were a horrible purplish shade of grey.

• 4 anne // Feb 21, 2007 at 4:28 pm

so are the pamplemousse mentos “all that”? i love grapefruit and am about to go out on the limb for the 20 roller.
    anne

• 5 megan // Feb 21, 2007 at 9:38 pm

Anne – If you have not already, see the tasting notes over at Candyblog. I would suggest waiting a few weeks to order them to see if they turn up in any shops near you, but yes, flavor wise they are worth it. If you do order them online know that you can buy a box of 20 on Amazon for $11 or so.

• 6 reese // Feb 22, 2007 at 9:04 am

why did you post this? i was going along all happy in my ignorant bliss and now i MUST HAVE a roll of a pamplemousse mentos. argh!

i’m off to scour all the bartell’s in downtown seattle until i find them…..

and can you post a picture of your buffet? i’d love to see what you got. we just bought a vintage midcentury one because i couldn’t find what i wanted new for less than $1500.

• 7 jesser // Feb 22, 2007 at 9:24 am

I love the mentos. They remind me of France where I first had the pamplemousse variety. I have a wrapper (or 2) in my scrapbook. :)

• 8 cindy // Feb 22, 2007 at 2:07 pm

My bf shipped me a few rolls of Pink Grapefruit last year from Vancouver. Sadly, I was disappointed by the flavor. But I was never that much of a PG fan to begin with.

• 9 cpr // Feb 26, 2007 at 12:49 am

the pamplemousse flavor is very good. we have had them here in san francisco area for awhile. tart & sweet. perfect! it’s one of, if not their best, flavors. it’s my new favourite. that is, until i try the licorice, which is my all-time favourite candy.

• 10 TeenSleuth // Feb 26, 2007 at 4:42 pm

I’m rather fond of the highly-useful “Bienvenue.”

• 11 Christelle // Feb 28, 2007 at 12:09 pm

Ahhhh… pamplemousse. My son (7) and I found some of these last summer. We’re still talking about them. Plus, we really like saying pamplemousse!