I’m kindly requesting a favor of you. I’d like for you to, please, vote for either John Moe or myself in this opening round of Blarch Badness, a Seattle blog competition thingy. We’re “U District Matchup 1″. I’ll explain more below.
poll code taken out, thanks for voting!
Apparently Not Martha has been entered into a local showdown of blogs over at Metroblogging Seattle. It’s called Blarch Badness, which I had to think about really hard before I understood what they were getting at since I’m something of a sports idiot. (If you don’t know either it’s combining the word blog with the phrase March Madness, which is something related to basketball.) Here is more about this whole Blarch Badness thing.
About John Moe:
– He started out as an actor and playwright. (John Moe is sensitive!)
– He is the author of the recently published Conservatize Me, a book about spending a month immersed in right wingedness in an attempt to understand. (John Moe is brave!)
– He frequently contributes to McSweeneys. (John Moe is cool!)
– He has has funny lists on Amazon. (John Moe is can make you laugh!)
– He has his own blog, Monkey Disaster. (John Moe is down with technology!)
Awesome guy right?
So, I sort of want John Moe to win. I heart him, but asking for everybody to vote for my competition felt vaguely wrong. I decided to ignore it. But the whole thing is sort of fun. After some wine and some thought I realized what I really want is this: I’d like our showdown to be the most voted for of all the match ups in this round. At the time of this writing we have a total of 72 votes, while other matchups in this round have as many as 325. A few thousand of you visit this site each day and I know we could boost the vote count easily.
Here is my point: pretty please, make John Moe and I the most voted for. Vote for whomever you choose (vote John Moe!), but vote. We’re “U District Matchup 1″, you can vote once every browser session (I’m pretty sure), and the voting is open now until Thursday night, February 15th. No registration required, just click a radio button, easy as pie. My sincere thanks.