for my home

Some things I’d love to have for my home, but will have to wait until after we get some furniture at least.

Cereamic Hook Box to keep everything right there, at Design*Sponge.

This window projection light, reminds me of theater design and makes a nice window illusion. At the Elsewares booth at Accent on Design, at Design*Sponge.

Potted plant silouette window film, perfect for my kitchen window which doesn’t have much of a view, at Swiss Miss.

Daysago digital counter for the sadly often ignored items in my fridge, at Shelterrific.

This wall mounted floating shoe rack would fit just right into the back entry of my house, if only it came in a 16″ length. At gnr8.

· comments [10] · 02-9-2007 · categories:the home ·

• 1 rosebengal // Feb 9, 2007 at 12:06 pm

I have two of those Daysago counters languishing away in my everything drawer in my kitchen. They are yours if you want em. My mom got them after interviewing the inventor and passed them on to us but we’ve never been curious enough to use them.

• 2 Lindsay // Feb 9, 2007 at 2:55 pm

Oh my god — that shoe rack! It’s just what I want by my door. Well, two of them, frankly. One mounted above the other. It’d be perfect. Oh, if only they were $20, instead of $99. eesh.

• 3 megan // Feb 9, 2007 at 5:00 pm

Lindsay – after a few months of looking around I finally decided I was willing to pay for that shoe rack, but I was heartbroken when it turned out to be too wide for my space. I’m hoping to create my own alternative, which I’ll definitely post about here if I find a way to get it to work.

• 4 Jess // Feb 12, 2007 at 9:10 pm

I think I would need the 16 FOOT length for all our shoes. But it’s very cool.

• 5 lia // Feb 19, 2007 at 2:16 pm

this shoe rack totally cracks me up. I would do it if I knew someone (other than me) would use it in my house…..

• 6 miranda // Feb 19, 2007 at 4:48 pm

I really like the hook boxes and the silhouette window film. However, about the Daysago counters, I’ll say what I said at Shelterrific when they initially featured them:

What the heck is wrong with a Sharpie marker? The counter seems like a vast overcomplication of a very simple task that shouldn’t require a relatively expensive solution. I write the date I opened something on the lid. Other people might agree, in their households, to write the date after which something can no longer be used. I just don’t see a point in using something more complicated.

• 7 Jennifer // Feb 24, 2007 at 4:33 am

I’m with Miranda — we keep a bunch of Sharpies around in our kitchen drawers, and when we open a jar of something (spices, mustard, capers, catsup — anything that *could* end up hanging around for too long) we write the date we opened it on the top with a Sharpie. Aside from knowing for sure if we want to use something or toss it, it also helps with in-between cleanouts of the spice rack or fridge — spy a too-old date and get rid of the offending item! PLEASE don’t bring more battery controlled items into a world that doesn’t need them….

• 8 megan // Feb 24, 2007 at 10:51 am

Miranda and Jennifer – I admire your attention to detail but I know myself. When I’m sticking the half used jar of sauce in the fridge I will either forget or consciously be too lazy to pull out a marker and write on the jar. I am much more likely to grab a magnet off the fridge and stick it on top of the jar. The trade off for the many suspicious jars tossed out is worth it for me. I unabashedly love gadgets.

• 9 Margot // Feb 25, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Thanks for posting all these awesome items. I just bought the potted flower window film as our kitchen looks into our neighbor’s kitchen. And the previous owners left us UGLY, ruffled, cheap lace curtains.

I am thrilled to be getting rid of the curtains for something that makes me smile. I can’t wait for them to arrive.

thanks again.

• 10 megan // Mar 12, 2007 at 11:09 am

Margot – I hope to hear if the film works out really well! Did you order the large or small version?