Not Martha

currently seeking

I need to fit as many pieces of stemware in my cabinet as possible and I’m looking for something that will hang a single glass. I have found plenty of things like this rack for hanging one row of stemware which is small enough to mount inside a cabinet, but I really need things for single glasses. I’ve looked around but the only thing I can think of so far is to attach flip flop coaster to the underside of a shelf (which actually might work). Does anybody know of single stemware glass hangers?

· comments [20] · 02-2-2007 · categories:the home ·

20 responses so far ↓

  • 1 chris // Feb 2, 2007 at 9:49 am

    If no one replies with a product, maybe a trip to the Home Depot’s “bits” section is in order. I imagine that there is some kind of U shaped bit out there that you could turn into what you want… I’m thinking like the female part of a door chain lock?

  • 2 Beth // Feb 2, 2007 at 10:24 am

    I saw this on ebay ….
    seems easy enough to make…might work?

  • 3 Nicole // Feb 2, 2007 at 10:47 am

    I do not know of a product specifically, but this may work: I would check Home Depot, or the like, for wooden stemware tracks. If you can find a single row one it could be cut down and a small stopper could be put on one end. Just a thought.

  • 4 jennie // Feb 2, 2007 at 11:39 am

    Yeah i was just wondering if you wanted something like Beth linked to or actual individual ones?

  • 5 megan // Feb 2, 2007 at 11:42 am

    Jennie – I’m hoping for actual individual ones.

  • 6 textrix // Feb 2, 2007 at 11:51 am

    not sure of an actual product, but maybe try searching for boating accessories for the galley. they always have lots of neat-o gadgets to keep things from sliding around on a boat.

  • 7 kammy // Feb 2, 2007 at 1:24 pm

    Hi I couldn’t help poking around. I found a search for ‘Stemware Holders’ pulled up quite a few matches. This website has wooden holders that hold as few as 4 glasses – better, maybe, for your purposes, this site also outlines how to make them yourself.

  • 8 amy // Feb 2, 2007 at 1:26 pm

    would this work?

  • 9 Kelsey // Feb 2, 2007 at 1:27 pm

    I wonder if you might have to make something yourself. I found these & they come in various lengths, but even the shortest is too long for a single glass:

    It seems like you might be able to find a hearty wire & do some twisting into a shape that works though . . .

  • 10 judith // Feb 2, 2007 at 2:09 pm

    what about installing a row of small cup hooks sideways (from the side wall instead of from the top of the cabinet) and just hooking the stem through those?

  • 11 Beth // Feb 2, 2007 at 2:52 pm

    what about this one?

  • 12 Lenore // Feb 2, 2007 at 4:14 pm

    My suggestion would be to screw a chain to the ceiling of the cabinet with a keyring dangling at the bottom. You pull the chain through the keyring to form a loop large enough to pull the base of your stemware through, and then pull the loop tight around the stem. The glasses will hang at an angle, but by adjusting the lengths of the chains, you may be able to fit more in the cabinet.

  • 13 megan // Feb 2, 2007 at 4:35 pm

    These are all good suggestions but I have no wall space, nor enough space to hang the glasses at an angle. I’ll try to come up with a diagram to show what I need to do. I think I can likely find some trim that would work to make my own individual racks though.

  • 14 Jill // Feb 2, 2007 at 9:43 pm

    Fred Meyer, or any household store. I found single glass holders on one of those “not on the shelf but hanging off the shelf” hanging thingy’s. Make sense? Basically, it was rubber coated u-shaped coat designed for exactly what you’re looking for. Cheap too.

  • 15 Jill // Feb 2, 2007 at 9:44 pm

    coat=hook… it’s late friday, what can I say?

  • 16 megan // Feb 2, 2007 at 10:42 pm

    Jill, that sounds like exactly what I’m needing, thanks!

  • 17 Jake // Feb 3, 2007 at 8:39 am

    Stemware moulding can be ordered here, cut to any length, and screwed to the underside of and horizontal surface!

  • 18 Pepi // Feb 4, 2007 at 10:33 am

    If you are looking single glass holders, why dont you buy a couple of cheap square drawer pulls ( larger ones) , measure the your glass base and screw them in under the shelf. If you afraid of them coming off just put them closer to the back of a cabinet so the glass base will touch the wall.

  • 19 Sara // Feb 5, 2007 at 4:00 pm

    I have some of those flip flop coasters, and, while they are very cute, I think they’d cause all sorts of glass destruction if used in this way, as I find them very hard to squeeze on and off the base of my glasses, even ones of different sizes. FWIW>

  • 20 aubrey // Mar 7, 2007 at 12:05 am

    Maybe you already solved this problem, but if not, Lee Valley wine glass clips might work for you. They always have the bestest widgets…

Leave a Comment