soup swap

I attended a really excellent soup swap yesterday. (A what?) I came home with Chicken Bacon Corn Chowder, Potato Leek, Crock Pot Beef and Barley, and Roasted Winter Squash and Chestnut with Indian Spices. On the way there Maggi and I found ourselves behind this car:

See more pictures on Flickr.

· comments [11] · 01-29-2007 · categories:food ·

• 1 Michelle // Jan 29, 2007 at 12:25 pm

Oh, you gotta be kidding me! The timing! Amazing, and even more so that you were able to take such a clear picture. The soups sound yummy.

• 2 Lydia // Jan 29, 2007 at 4:14 pm

Soup swaps are such a great idea! I’ve always wanted to organize one, but never got around to it. Thanks for the reminder.

• 3 L // Jan 29, 2007 at 5:46 pm

Megan, thanks again for swapping with us yesterday. I liked the string tied around your soup containers. It made me think of “Brown paper packages tied up with string…”

• 4 iportion // Jan 29, 2007 at 6:16 pm

That sounds so cool. I love soup.

• 5 Daria // Jan 29, 2007 at 8:49 pm

Oh, wow, that sounds much more exciting than a cookie exchange! And I love the license plate you saw on the way there.

• 6 Aunt Bee // Jan 29, 2007 at 9:15 pm

I want the Chestnut with Indian Spices recipe!

• 7 Ash // Jan 30, 2007 at 5:51 am

No soup for you! Come back one year! LOL

I had to send a link to your pic to my husband – Big Seinfeld fan there!

• 8 thecooky // Jan 30, 2007 at 6:56 am

Congratulations on your nomination!
    I really like your website and just wanted
    to let you know that I have made some magnets (little problem with glue sticking
    to my table, hands, magazines, clothes,
    my chair, my hair, but that was entirely my fault and I think I’ve finally mastered those long strings of the glue that won’t stop when you pull the tube away. I cut them.
    Of course then I have to wash the scissors) and they really turned out very well and I found the whole thing very therapeutic and definitely an escape for me. So thanks so much for your wonderful article on those. I just wanted to add I love your mini food as I have been a fan of this kind of thing for a long time and wanted to leave a tip that Toys R US has lots of mini things in their baking department.
    Just stay away from the mini fake food
    (another favorite of mine) because you’ll want to make magnets out of those
    or just set them around for conversation pieces. After this magnet thing you just want to make a magnet out of everything don’t you? Anyway, really,
    I love your site, I love the big red letters on the white background and I even love the stuff I don’t really like.

Here’s a link http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2311000&cp=&pg=4&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&sr=1&origkw=cooking&kw=cooking&parentPage=search#prod_prodinfo

• 9 utenzi // Jan 30, 2007 at 7:18 am

Soup swap? That’s a new one on me, Megan, but a terrific idea. It’s a lot easier to just make one big batch of soup and trade around for variety.

• 10 amanda // Jan 31, 2007 at 7:57 am

I LOVE this idea and intend on coping it immediately.

• 11 rai // Feb 11, 2007 at 8:40 am

Hi Megan-
    Long time reader, first (or second) time writer. So excited about hosting Switzerland’s first soup swap, all thanks to you! I wouldn’t have been aware of National Soup Swap day, hope you’ll pop by and see how ours turns out as well.
    Mmm Mmm Good-day,