food

Chow gives us the Basic Chocolate Cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Also see Essentials for the home baker, I really gotta get myself a kitchen scale.

Lovely bright cupcakes at Yarnstorm.

Oh yum. Chocolate marshmallows from Brownie Points. She talks about the best way to incorporate the cocoa without deflating the marshmallow mixture.

David Rackoff shows Gourmet how to speedily deal with a pomegranate.

Oh how I wanted this tiny chocolate cake at Curiously Crafty to be edible.

“I’m a New Mom and I Have No Time to Cook” Turkey Chili at Words To Eat By.

Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories finds the no-knead bread makes pretty good pizza dough.

· comments [12] · 01-18-2007 · categories:food · recipes ·

• 1 Heather // Jan 18, 2007 at 9:04 am

I must say, the one bowl chocolate cupcakes in Martha’s Baking Handbook are super fantastic. I usually suck at baking cakes, but these were moist and delicious.

• 2 emira // Jan 18, 2007 at 9:28 am

To pick up on a very small point: I strongly recommend a kitchen scale. I’ve done without one for years, and finally decided to break down and get one. I bought a basic — non electric — jobby for about $10 and I now have no idea what I did without it.

• 3 Lenore // Jan 18, 2007 at 11:12 am

Weighing in on the scale issue, we love our mechanical scale. No batteries, easy to zero, use with any bowl you want. It is this one:
    It does take up some shelf space, though.

• 4 Elizabeth // Jan 18, 2007 at 3:55 pm

ha!ha! Check this out…a CUPCAKE charm bracelet!

• 5 Tim // Jan 18, 2007 at 5:20 pm

Um… seriously get digital. Pay the bit extra. It is so worth it. Look for ones that have dual weights (metric and imperial) and a zeroing function so you can preweight the bowl etc. It makes cooking with recipes from around the world so much easier.

• 6 EVE // Oct 16, 2011 at 10:03 am

Seen article in newspaper with this web site, related to recipes for pies and cobblers baked in any mason jars can seem to find any recipes. HELP
    Eve

• 7 megan // Oct 16, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Eve – Do you live in or near Portland? Was the article recent?

• 8 EVE // Oct 17, 2011 at 11:25 am

article was in the Toledo Blade written by our food editor. do you have a receipe for baked pies in a tiny Mason Jar?

Eve

• 9 leconnx // Oct 20, 2011 at 12:25 pm

article was on MSN today, Im looking for pies in jars also

• 10 leconnx // Oct 20, 2011 at 12:28 pm

key in the search button: pies in jars, there will be a bunch pop up, also check Mr. Food and Pioneer Woman.

• 11 ssoley // Oct 25, 2011 at 6:55 am

Am looking for pies in jars. my search button has no way to enter it

• 12 Debi // Oct 26, 2011 at 11:56 am

Also saw pies & cobblers in jar with this website
    Dallas Morn. News 10/26/2011