white christmas

Just as I was ready to declare this a White Christmas Because All We Can Get On TV Is Static the cable (and therefore internets) came back last night. I’ll need some time to catch up.

· comments [7] · 12-21-2006 · categories:mumbling ·

• 1 Jennifer // Dec 21, 2006 at 10:30 am

Wow, lucky you!! I know what you mean about not having cable or internet. such a bummer, but glad to hear you’ve got it back.

• 2 Erica // Dec 21, 2006 at 12:06 pm

Wow..I can’t believe you guys were without for so long. Glad to hear you guys are on your way to normality.

• 3 allison // Dec 21, 2006 at 8:50 pm

unrelated sad news – Leslie of Leslie’s online advent calendar passed away this month. – I went to her site to check the advent calendar updates I’d missed and this message was there. I know many of your readers have enjoyed the advent calendar and I thought I’d pass on the news.

It is with great sadness that our family announces the sudden passing of Leslie Harpold
    in December of 2006. We know that Leslie was a beloved presence in the internet community,
    and we ask that you keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

If you wish to make a donation in her memory,
    Leslie was a supporter of the ASPCA in New York City.

• 4 megan // Dec 21, 2006 at 10:11 pm

Allison – Thank you for the note. You can see my thoughts on Leslie here and view remembrances from around the web here at kfan’s collection of links.

• 5 Stephanie // Dec 22, 2006 at 11:23 am

Welcome back from Laura Ingalls world!

• 6 Jilliana // Dec 30, 2006 at 1:30 am

I meant to comment to this sonner, but I was a little shocked at how much power that last wind storm knocked out. I live about an hour and a half north (right near the border), and it didn’t seem to do that much damage hear, so it was suprising to hear how so many people in Seattle were without power and for how long. Some folks just got it back two days ago!

• 7 Jilliana // Dec 30, 2006 at 1:31 am

Jesus, I might want to start reading through comments before I hit “post”!

sonner = sooner