I have been splurging! Things which are on their way:
- The Secret Life of Food by Clare Crespo – I’m so excited.
- Penn and Teller’s How to Play With Your Food – after seeing the heart at britta.com’s Halloween Recipes page I knew I must have this.
- God Said Ha! – This one-lady show by Julia Sweeney is funny and touching and wonderful and I got all panicked when I realized it was no longer in print (?) and needed to get one from an independent seller. And what happened to her site?
- So New Media’s Words! Words! Words! #2 – has a comic by Loobylu!
- Moulin Rouge dvd – I find myself enamored of the Baz Luhrmann/Catherine Martin and Co. way of bringing something to creation.
addendum: near the end of this Onion interview Julia Sweeney reveals that she knits sweaters, but “only knit for people under the age of three, because it takes too long otherwise.”